Brad,

Glad the Dremelling went well on the bezel. Buried somewhere around here I have a "Toyota" pocket that Crutchfield sent me that may work for you. I'm leaving town for a few days (London as a matter of fact. Anyone know where to get a stainless cargo step protector plate for a 2002 Impreza wagon in London?? They are sold in the UK, but not the US), but PM me and I'll e-mail you the dimensions when I get back and find that plastic pocket. If it fits you can have it.

Sounds like you had fun with the doors/speakers. The WRX is pretty challenging in that regard.

Re: DIN plates. The Empeg sled is definitely wider than the stock head unit and the 1-DIN Kenwood I put in, but I did manage to screw the sled into both brackets and use them both. Just hit it with a sledge hammer!

The new bezel I ordered just arrived (Ooh, my AR green faceplate, too!), so I'll be starting V2.0 install (Empeg on top) soon. FYI, saw a cool post on I-Club about installing a Passport SR1 control unit in the cupholder slot on the WRX (Nobody uses that 2nd cupholder for fear of spilling coffee on their Empeg!)

This week was slightly better than last week. May next week be slightly better than this week, and may the following week...

Jim

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.