Sony wired stalk controller plugs into tuner module. You cannot attach it to an existing stalk - it is a stalk itself, designed to be mounted on either side of steering column, presumably bellow any existing stalks. In some cars some other position (e.g. dashboard behind the wheel) might be convenient.

Any Kenwood IR remote can be used with empeg (with varying functionality, of course - some are quite bare bones). Those designed to be mounted on the steering wheel consist of a small box with buttons intended to be glued on the back side of the wheel, within the reach of driver's fingertips while in normal driving position. From the box leads a short cable with a LED transmitter at the end. One glues that to the back side of the wheel, too, choosing the position so that empeg 'sees' the transmitter with the wheel centered. (This is similar to Pioneer steering wheel remote, except that it mounts on inner side of the wheel rim.) My experience with those remotes is mixed - they are conveniently at one's fingertips all the time, but it is difficult to find good position for the transmitter where it will have unobstructed view of the player (sometimes it is better to position it so that IR light is reflected off the driver). Moreover, direct sunlight (frequent occurence in my canvas-roof Twingo in sunny Croatia) tends to swamp the weak IR signal completelly (or perhaps I should change bateries more often ).

HTH

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue