Hi.

I initially wanted to send this via private mail, but I think this is of interest for others, too.

While I would really appreciate some funding to help me getting the nav project started, I think this isn't as good as it sounds on first thought. Personal help would be appreciated a lot more. I will detail the ways people could help on the project section of this BBS soon.

Funding me (or others) in advance would create a lot of pressure on me (or others helping in the project) that I can't take currently, because I am in the middle of writing my diploma thesis (which will take quite a few more month, until approx. march 2002) . On the other hand, it would certainly help to get a few things needed for the project (like a new harddisc, a GPS receiver, some cables, map data etc.).

I'm in a somewhat paradox situation currently: I could relatively easy raise enough funds to run a production batch of 500-1000 MkII units, to sell them over the next few month, but I can barely raise enough funds to get those few things listed above. The reason for this is quite simple: The MkII is a product that is ready for the market (if the market is ready for the product is a different story), but the nav project is just starting, so it is hard to find a sponsor (sorry, don't have the right word in mind currently, but you get the picture).

Oh well: If someone really wants to help funding the nav system project, he/she could send money to [email protected] through paypal, stating clearly what it is for, and to whom I should send a summary of how much money was spent for which items in the project. I certainly don't mind getting some money if this is the only way a person could help, but I strongly encourage you to offer personal help in the project rather than financial help.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)