Also, there should be some kind of scan mode, where one click to the right would jump to the next station with decent reception, not just the next preset.

There is, but only through remote (see Tony's button guide). But I agree, Rio remote |<</>>| hold functionality should be replicated on front panel left/right hold.

So, to sumarize, I think that IWBNI front panel buttons would function like this (in tuner mode):
- left/right press: skip to next/previous preset (as now)
- left/right hold: skip to next/previous frequency with decent reception ('auto scan', as Rio remote |<</>>| hold)
- knob press, then turn: decrement/increment frequency ('manual scan', like Rio remote |<</>>| press)
- Finally, IWBNI the tuner could populate one bank with 10 strongest stations; that could be accessed only from menu, as it is used once or twice per journey.

UPDATE: Err, I just read other posts in the thread: front panel buttons already seem to function as I wanted them to . Obviously, I have not installed the tuner yet, and this is an omission nobody noticed in Tony's guide.

Edited by bonzi (06/11/2001 03:07)
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue