All right, bring it on! I'm a keen D.Net user (albeit with limited resources) and the amount of time the empeg remains on amounts to a real improvement in my block count. However, I have a couple of questions about using the D.Net client on the empeg:

1) How do blocks get transferred in and out? Do we have to run the developer's image and telnet or PPP in, does this get handled by the correct version of Emplode, or what?

2) Power-offs. Since most of us just switch the unit off rather than powering down neatly (since that's effectively what happens anyway) any blocks being calculated would be lost. Do we now have to go through the main menu (which isn't really a pain, but habits die hard), is something kept in NVRAM, or do progress reports get written out when the disk is accessed again?

3) In another thread, someone mentioned that they were running out of memory, since the player took a fair whack of memory with its cache and so forth. If we start running the D.Net clients, are we going to have to turn our cache down a bit, or is there another way?

4) I'm pretty much assuming that you'll be running the standard D.Net compiled client, since they don't usually release the source code for recompiling (surprisingly enough :-). Is this going to work in with the rest of the schemes? This, AFAICS, causes some problems with the above items - i.e. the problems can't be fixed by re-writing the client.

Maybe we should form the empeg cracking team! Go, empeg!

Paul

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.