Ok, I have looked but didn't find anything along these lines here in the BBS. So I am sending out another network thread. I don't think this is a problem with the Empeg, but with my network. So here goes.

To make a long story short...I have a 3com Switch 10/100 that I am now using to network everything together. I have moved all my computers over to this switch. But in doing so I can't find the Empeg on the network any longer. I have narrowed it down to the component that makes the empeg be seen on the netywork. I was using a Cabletron 10base-t Hub. This hub somehow enables the Empeg to work with my network. If I leave everything on the new 3com switch and simply uplink this hub to the 3com and attach the Empeg to the Cabletron, the Empeg is there. I can set an IP on the Empeg or leave it as DHCP and either way it works. Niether setting will work without the Cabletron hub inline. My question is why must this hub be here for the Empeg to function? What is this hub doing?

Specifics on the network.
Running Win98se
1st computer is static 192.168.0.1 with ICS installed
2 other computers are set to DHCP(per ICS settings)
Using a 3com Super Stack II 3000 12x Switch 10/100(yes it does verify that when the Empeg is connect it is 10HD
I have an Apple Airport attached to provide access to my laptop(makes no difference if disconnected)
A 4th computer(laptop) uses the ICS(via the Airport)
The Empeg(when set to DHCP) shows eth0 DHCP to be 192.168.0.1 which is the ICS machine and get assigned the next free IP on the network.
The hub is a Cabletron MicroMMAC24E 10BASET-HUB with LANVIEW.