Well, to the ARP tables question. I can take everything off the 3com but my computer and the Empeg. I can reset the 3com. I would think that would clear the tables.

Just to clarify on the issue of the Empeg reporting eth0 DHCP is 192.168.0.1, it also reports eth0 IP as 192.168.0.2(the next available IP address. I am assuming here that the ICS machine(192.168.0.1) is serving the Empeg that IP.

Now the above only works if the Empeg is connected to the Cabletron hub then uplinked to the 3com switch. Or if the Cabletron hub is the only device used.

Everything is using the same subnet. 255.255.255.0

Yes, all the lights on the other hubs light up for 10 or 100 depending on the device connected. Even the 3com switch reports each port correctly even assigning Full Duplex and Half Duplex.

So basically, all my equipment works on everything but the Empeg. If I place the Cabletron in line with the Empeg. The Empeg is now seen on the network(static or dynamic.)

This leaves me with two questions. Why doesn't it work with anything other than the Cabletron? And what is the Cabletron doing that is making it work?