Yeah -- I love the static IP. The DSL service tends to be excellent, especially since DirecTV took over. Plus, I can get a bill now instead of having it automatically put on a credit card each month. I hate automatic charges. (Plus, they were never consistent with when they'd charge; sometimes I'd get two charges in one month after failing to bill me the previous month.)

But this news server thing really horks me off. I could understand if they were really having a problem, which is what they said, but it seems to me that they weren't, as no one has come forward to state that they were experiencing poor news server service. What it really is, I'm sure, is that they decided that they weren't charging enough for that service.

PS: My previous post was supposed to be on the system hours ago, but didn't actually post for some reason. I had to go back in my browser history and repost it. This is about the fourth time that this has happened in the last month or so. Anyone else have the same problem?