Today was work - i put the unit in the car :-) Had to modify the slot a little since the init didn't go all in, then it was OK.

Then, cabling work. No big deal since i had a stereo in there before. After an hour all was connected and i switched the empeg on - wow, noise noise. OK, i forgot to lower the input level of the pre-amp since the stereo before had a .8V out. After doing that, it was hard to hear the noise, so that went fine. RTFM.

Then i started the car, but after it started the empeg was hung. So i pulled out the unit and back in - came back to life fine. Another try, same result. Whenever i start the car, the empeg is hung. I tried both, permanent and ignition + with the same result. When the unit was on constant +, thought that might fix the issue. No luck. + is on all the time, but the starter sucks so much power that the voltage drops so low that the empeg stops operating - at least this is my guess. So here the same result. I have to take the empeg out and back in to get it back. This is what i am doing now all the time. Before i start the car, i pull the unit, when the car is running, i stick it back in.

I don't know what will happen if a put all the amps on power. I got about .7KW RMS in the car, thats about 1KW power which will drain like 90A @ 12V out of the battery, almost the same the starter uses. Since the unit hangs up with the starter, i guess it will hang also wenn the amps will run 'full speed'. I will try that one day.

Exept that, all is working. The visuals look way batter when the unit is mounted in the dashboard. At night...Very cool.

Many features to come here, according to Hugo. Curious to see what future relases of the software will allow us to do...

I still miss the wire to mute the empeg when a call phone call comes in - but maybe one day there will be a device for the serial port which can do such things - via software!

Thanks for your time! AO