Hugo, I found an easy way to replicate the blank display problem. As you indicated it's related to the voltage available and the amount of current the unit can pull. I bought a car lighter adaptor at the local electronics store that takes the 12V in and has switchable output 3, 4.5, 6, 9, and 12v out. I wasn't thinking when I bought it but it's current limited to about 300ma. Cost about 20 USD, I can send it to you if you want to play with it - I've got a better adapter now.

When I used it with the empeg at the 12V setting the empeg would boot and play music and if I remembered the buttons correctly I could control the unit but no display. None at all. Everything worked but the display. You should be able to replicate the problem with it.

There is a definate problem with momentary voltage drops rebooting the unit. When ever I start my car, the empeg blanks for about 7-10 seconds and then starts to reboot.

=-Clarke
#351, SN 00045

Cheers,

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial