After waiting almost two years (#5723 in the queue!) to buy one, I sold MK2 #141 last spring (didn't want to hack into my new car) and have regretted it since.

Dropped by this BBS a few weeks ago to see the price-drop announcement, and figured I could get back in the game for the same price I sold for. I figured I'd wait until after Christmas -- until I noticed the EOL references and checked SonicBLUE's online store (circa Dec 8) to find that the 10GB models had already sold out!

Well, I panicked -- just now my order is placed for a 20GB with tuner module and face-plate kit.

I'm back in the fold. I might have waited until after Christmas, but I wasn't willing to take that chance.

A couple questions, not totally answered by a cursory search of posts in my ~9mo. absence:

a) Now that the empeg is EOL, will the software remain in beta (like other products that had drivers/software in beta when the product went EOL or the company went Chapter 11) ?

b) Is there anyone developing a hack or add-on to the empeg software that I could use it as a (hate this term) digital wallet? (I guess the empeg would be more like a 'purse') When its back in duty between car, home, and office, a filestore will be very handy. Samba?

c) I have read a few posts and other press material indicating that a lot of the core empeg tech will be used in future products -- will any of that software make it back to the empeg community? In addition to that, will Rob and Hugo (et al.) continue to be active participants here?

d) Will this BBS remain, or will operations move to riocar.org?

e) Is there some new kick-ass equivalent about to hit the market in the next few months that'll make me regret buying my second MK2 this late?

Either way, I get to play the anxious empeg waiting-game all over again.

Hello again.
- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case