Hi

I have also sent this to bugs@ etc

Rob, this continues a recent thread on the programming topic called "Speaker Thump"

Equipment:
Rio 10 Gig player

History:
As soon as I got the player, I upgraded it to 1.03 dev. Everything seemed fine.

Problem
After a week of use at 1.03 I upgraded it again 2.0b3 and v73 of the Hijack Kernel. From this point on, whenever I killed the ignition, the player would terminate immediately with a loud thump. The unit would not go into standby (the front LED was not light, and the link indicator on my wireless hub would go out)

I was unsure whether this was an issue with the Hijack kernel as I installed both at the the same time.

Last night I removed the Hijack kernel leaving just 2.0b3. The problem remained.

I have just downgraded to 1.03 and the problem has gone away. There is now no Thump on ignition off and the unit correctly goes into standby.

Its pretty clear from the responses on the BBS that this is not happening to everyone (mother always said I was special) but I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

Any help would be appreciated
Peter Kerr

Two last thoughts:
When the player terminates it is immediate. Thump - screen goes out.

This may be totally unrelated, but its the only "non standard" thing I've done
My player seems to have changed "personality". When I first installed it it would display the RIO logo. I thought the Empeg logo
looked much sexier, so I used the "Logo Editor" by Tony Fabris to install the attached logo. It was set for both home and car.

When I upgraded to 2.0b3 the startup animation was the Empeg logo with the penguin waving its flipper. I thought I read that there were seperate RIO and Empeg logos, and I thought that after the upgrade mine would revert to a RIO.

I'm not at all concerned about this, I'm only mentioning it in case it has some relevance on my earlier problems.

Cheers
Peter Kerr

Attachments
48493-233.bmp (402 downloads)