I finally recieved the unit about an hour ago from the FedEx man. (The unit shipped almost a week ago, and was for a still unknown reason, was delayed by the FDA). I signed for the package, took it inside, and quickly ripped open the box. The first thing in the top was empeg stickers, a few last minute notices, the manual and CD. I dug through that to get to the unit its self, got the necessary cables out of the box and plugged it in. I then started playing with the remote to cycle through the visuals for the free song that was included.

Overall, my first impression is definitly WOW. The unit is so small for doing all that it does. (Everyone kept asking me at work why in the world I payed $1250 for a car mp3 player. I detailed to them the cost of a homemade unit that might be able to match sound quality and controllability, added a bit more and got to the final price. That small bit more is well worth no labor costs). It looks nice, but definitly has the low production look to it. (Mainly because empeg decided not to do thing you expect to see on other car stereos, and thats fine with me). Everything works as I expected so far. I'll continue to update this thread as my day and next few weeks progress with it.

Reg 1640, 6gb Blue empeg-car mark 1. SN 00359