After a day of playing, I have definitly seen some interesting things. First off, the software works great in Windows 2000 final. The system even warns you when you simply pull the USB cable, telling you that next time you need to stop the driver with the unplug/eject hardware icon in the taskbar. I also managed to blue screen and reboot 2000 earlier. I'm still looking into that one.

After uploading a few gigs of music, I have gotten used to the Emplode not quite Windows Explorer interface. Overall it works well, just a few things need to be polished interface wise. Status reporting needs to be greatly improved on both Emplodes side and the Empegs side. (Somehow I don't thing the system is syncing after a min of the USB cable being disconnected). I'm aware all of this is still beta, and seeing some of the old reports, software has definitly improved.

Search works well once you get used to it. Great for playing that particular CD real quick.

Overall I am very happy with the unit. And after installing the developer image and seeing a bash prompt, I knew I made the right choice for an in car computer. I'll post again in a few days afer getting more hands on experience with it. (So far, learning the remote is my main goal before installing it into the car)

Reg 1640, 6gb Blue empeg-car mark 1. SN 00359