Well here's the update.

1) I made sure that the inductor was as far away from the RCA's as I could get them.
2) Put in triple-shielded RCA's and tied the ground of the 3rd sheild to the Amps ground post
3) Ran the RCA's down the car's cent(re) line to the amp
4) Ran a new ground cable from the amp to the empeg

Results: less money in the wallet and a minor decrease in the amount of alternator whine present. Still noticable with music playing and while driving darn it. I don't have room to put the amp on an MDF board and seal up the rear paneling so that's not an option.

At this point i it looks like I'll be looking for an alternator noise suppression kit. I'd certainly welcome any suggestions anyone has to offer at how to reduce the whine that's present. I'm pretty unhappy at the moment. I'll keep plugging away, I don't have a choice after spending all this money.

Hugo, how about revisiting your output stage design and consider something like driving differential outputs with an extension harness that can be located with the amp. That would make sure that no noise can be induced and the floating grounds wouldn't be an issue.

=-Clarke

______________________________________ Queue 351, Mk I, 30GB Mk II #60000022 80gb, Blue - docked Mk2a, 80GB, Bruface, lighted buttons and dial