Well... I've been through all of the lists for Mercedes. The adapter I was hoping for, doesn't seem to exist. So, my options have dropped to a few....

1> Rip the whole damn MB sound system out, replace with my own aftermarket stuff, including the Empeg.
Pro:
a> Probably the best sound.
b> Empeg is back in control.
Cons:
a> Lose the warranty, since a hell of a lot of the computer goes through the same pathways.
b> Lose the steering wheel controls, which also control a fair amount of the car's functionality.
c> It's going to cost a shitload of money.

2> Find a FM transmitter of decent quality that takes 12V DC and RCA ins. Mount Empeg below radio in the dash, and have a preset.

Pro:
a> shouldn't cost very much past the installation charge (custom making an mounting adapter for the empeg.)
b> integrates ok with the MB stuff, and I don't lose the controls.
c> Easy to pull should I sell the car.

Con:
a> Isn't going to sound any better than the FM radio. (which is pretty good, but...)

1 isn't going to happen. As much as I'd love to rip the stereo out and drop my own stuff in, I can't lose the functionality, and don't really want to get into the job of pulling all of the equipment out and reinstalling stock when I sell the car.

2 seems to be a pretty good compromise, IF I can find a decent transmitter. Therefore... Anyone have any recommendations?