Jebus, I vaguely remember Noddy's Playtime. And I've long been familiar with the BBC and Archimedes, since I used to be heavily into the European computer scene for a North American resident. :)

Did the c64 and Amiga thing though, as expected. The Archimedes had stiff competition from the Amiga and Atari ST. Apple wasn't a factor for the Amiga with the Macintosh in the home, but surpassed everyone but the PC clones elsewhere. Apple's market has grown, thanks in part, to the demise of all these other machines.

I was looking through the BBS list linked earlier today. They're missing a few of the most popular c64 BBS programs - they were definitely used around the world, but they originated here in the Toronto area. One of my best friends (who I happen to work with now) actually was responsible for an assembly version of one of them. I also knew the original programmers and people in the companies that released the others. Not to mention the people behind a couple of the more popular Amiga systems. And the person who wrote a large bit about one of the big Amiga programs on the website used to live around the corner from me. I also managed to find out that one programmer, whom I had also met and whom my friend was one of the original beta testers for his BBS program, works for Microsoft and was the person behind the compression in their CAB files (LZX-based). Small small world.

It would be a kick to find out where all sorts of people are today - I used to know a number of people in the UK back in the hey-days of the c64 and later Amiga.

Bruno