Trust me, I feel your pain. I have had my EMPEG for a year now and it is awesome. Just the whole synching thing is really a downer. I still do not understand why it can not do 18GB of synching at one time. I can transfer 18GB via FTP to a system on my local network without problems so I would think EMPEG could do their transfer and synching without problems. I do not care if it takes all night, I just want to start it and not worry about it failing after a random number of tunes. Yes I am sure it is more complex but still since the only way to get files onto the system is to synch, I would think that would be the top thing to have work flawlessly.

With b7 I am having much better luck at synching via ethernet. Although it seems as if u let emplode sit there overnight and it does not do anything, it can no longer connect to the player. I did this last night. Synched 2 albums worth of songs, then I went upstairs to take care of other things and just let it sit there. This morning I could not do anything else to the EMPEG without powering down the EMPEG.

I gave up on USB because it is slower and it has too many problems.

I know this does not help you...sorry...