I suspect you will be pretty disappointed in the results given the cost of this stuff. Bear in mind it is normally used by CRT manufacturers to reduce the radiated field strength of magnetic emissions, not electromagnetic noise. I doubt the empeg is generating; and in any case, what you are talking about (Faraday cage isolation) can be successfully carried out with metalised netting - I have seen it done, don't laugh - at far lower cost. ANY metal structure can, to varying extents, be used to perform EM shielding. It is all dependent on grounding.

If I were you, I would be looking at the grade of power feed and earth leads used to connect your empeg, not the amp. Pump them to either the same or double used on the unit sled wires; also, you could push this even further on the earting lead since you say your amp is grounding through a battery lead - if the resistance of the earth wire on the empeg is just milliohms above this, and you are drawing a lot of current from the empeg at the inputs to the amp, you could be creating a slight volatage differential at the earth between the amp and the empeg, which will result in current flow, ie. earth loop. Make sure the empeg ground lead runs to where the amp is grounded, regardless of length.

Spend you money on thick power cables, and route from the empeg to the amp, not the other way round - the sled should have 0% influence on the whole thing. Mine is mounted in a wood dash - no grounding there!

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015