Tony: What kind of Q-Logic box did you get? It looked like most of them were ported.

I specifically chose the "small sealed hatchback" box for a single 10" woofer. I bought all three components (woofer, box, amp) from Crutchfield over the phone.

I tried looking up the box at the Crutchfield web site, but they only seemed to list the bandpass and multi-speaker boxes there. Get their catalog, they have a much more comprehensive list which includes the sealed boxes in the catalog.

On a side note, what do you think about JL Audio subs? I'm thinking about getting a single 10W3 and a sealed box, is this going to be OK for the clear, punchy bass as opposed to the drawn out, muddy stuff?

I don't know anything specific about that brand. As far as controlling your sound, the most important things are deciding what frequencies you want it to reproduce and how loud it needs to be, then choosing a box, speaker, and amplifier that are properly matched for that task.

The "drawn out muddy stuff" is usually the result of a subwoofer that's got a very narrow frequency "peak", either from a ported or a bandpass box. This is great for folks who want a thumper for listening to rap, but if you want a flatter, more natural frequency response, then definitely get a sealed-box unit. The drawback is that you need more power for a sealed box, as well as a woofer that's designed to handle that power.