Tony,

Thanks for the info. I am familiar with all of the concepts you discussed. Just didn't want my original post to be too lengthy and wordy...:)

The reason I was interested in the 2 channel amp vs 4 channel was largely due to amp size, cost, and overkill in a truck with a less than perfect speaker arrangement. I figured if I purchased a 2 ohm capable amp, like a rockford, then I could run the speakers in parallel, effectively having 2 speakers running off each channel.

Since the truck boxes are 2-way, with a horn tweeter and 6.5 speaker, I wouldn't even be employing the use of the crossover type features most 4 channel amps contain.
Also, since this is a truck, the 4 channel amps today seem ungodly huge, compared to some of the good 2 channel amps.

Based on the way the outputs work on the riocar, will I lose with regards to how the unit does channel separation?
How does this work? What exactly is the deal with the outputs on the riocar units?
Is it front L/R, rear L/R? And then the headunit control features depend on this?

I would welcome folks suggestions with regards to a well-made SMALL 4 channel amp. If I went this method, 25x4 is the most I would require. Compared to the lousy headunit power, this would be a vast improvement anyway.

Worst case, I shell out some more $ for the 4 channel amp. I already have a 2 channel amp from my last car, that's in fine working order and a good brand. Either way, I doubt I could complain if i get a 60GB unit for $499.

Finally, has anyone ordered a unit recently and tried selecting the out of stock tuner option? Any chance in hell that I might actually receive the one that I ordered? I saw earlier posts that seemed pretty negative, and folks are posting in other groups that they would like to buy them. But hey, who figured they would mysteriously announce more stock of the head units? Maybe there is a case of tuners laying around in a warehouse somewhere and I will get lucky...

thanks again,
corey