To be honest, this pisses me off too. I could have done the same, ANY of us could have, but most of us didn't. I may sell my "backup" to a friend one day, but not for a markup. It would be different if someone bought a bunch and was selling them on the "For Sale" forum of this BBS to European or late comers at a small markup to cover their time and up-front costs. Part of the "empeg" experience is knowing you are part of a small cultlike community. People on this board will bend over backwards to answer the simplest questions. Even the empeg team will go out of their way to NOT have to charge you for repairs. Think of how much money empeg could have made from drive upgrades... instead Hugo and others contributed to the "how-to" in the FAQ. And according to this post, their would have been quite a few still at the estore now too.

Look at how much time and effort the Alpha testers have given us! Or how generous the programmers are working on an EOL'd device! Or Tony and his FAQ, Logo Editor, Gap Killer etc. Frank with his Displayserver. The empeg Tetris, the Hijack Kernal, this BBS, the RioCar org, that guy that posted the Mpeg video - All of this was FREE. Even the facias and lens are done at nearly NO PROFIT.