Hi again !
Of course i know that you, as a company, have to worry about legal issues when adding a new feature/function.
90% of the music on my empeg is a rip of CD's that i own, which should also be perfectly legal, 10% is ... well ... FREE MUSIC, lets put it like that ... :)

But, besides all legal concerns, it is a *must* that i am able to backup my unit somehow, it is not only for all the mp3 files, of course i still got them on DAT or CD'R s, or at least i could rip them again.
NO, it is the hours of work that i invested for arranging them and to put sensible ID3 Tags on them.
I need to backup all this work, and i doubt you will find one customer that does not want this feature.
And by the way, i would love to be able to use my empeg to carry other data ( Pictures, data, whatever ) besides mp3 to other places, using it as an external USB Harddrive ...
If you are unable to do this because of legal concerns, then please give us the tools that we need to develop things on our own ...
This is a must in my eyes, maybe i am the only one ...

But by now, thx for this great thingy, i am quite optimistic that we will overcome all of the empegs technical or legal limitations this or that way ...

Nils

P.S. What about the torn "warranty void if removed" stickers ?! after just plugging in the empeg about 10 times i can foresee that it will not last much longer, it is already damaged ...