I just got my 60GB Rio car and tuner the other day (haven't plugged it in yet, just took it out of the box and stared at it with a goofy grin on my face). I have a few questions that still remain unanswered,( that I'd really like to know before I start tampering with my baby). I'll be doing the install myself, I've never done an amp before, but doesn't look like more than I can handle. I've settled on a Blaupunkt PA4100 for an amp. I'm looking to totally bypass the factory speaker wiring (as VW can be real p**cks about warranty work if any wires are cut) and install two sets of Blaupunkt PCci650 speakers in the factory holes. Crutchfield says they will fit into the front doors with minimal fuss, but don't show anything as fitting the rear seat side panels, because the factory speakers are only 1.6 inches deep. These particular speakers are 2.2 deep, and the area sounds pretty hollow by knocking on it. Is it just empty space in there?

As for the amp installation, anyone tried under one of the front seats in an A3 platform car? Any advice on amp placement? I'd really rather avoid the trunk.

My other concern is the ground wire coming out of the back of the docking sled. If I just plug it into the factory wiring harness (which is ground to the chassis) is that OK?

I also know I have to reverse to pins in the ISO connector. Can some one tell me which two, and offer any tips on how to do this?

As the car has no power antenna, can I just clip this and run it straight to the amp as an on/off lead, or is there a better way?

Yes, I am ordering some master shhets from crutchfield ; )

-Heather

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony