no amplified antenna in the cabrio, thats only in the VW's with the roof mounted antennas. Called Crutchfield, they told me that cutting the power antenna wire off of the head unit and running that to the amp was the easiest way if there is no remote on wire in the back of the head unit. The sad part is that I work in a VW dealership and still can't get an answer on the space behind the rear speakers.

As for using the factory wiring, the easiest way, yes, but like I said, total pricks about aftermarket equipment in VWs and honoring the warranty. Plugging in the ISo to the factory harness is OK, cutting a factory speaker is not. In the long run, I'll probably save a lot of headaches by running new wires. One of our techs has offered to run the power wire to the battery for me (he knows I'd rather learn how to do things myself than let someone else do it for me) as that's the only thing I really feel uncomfortable doing myself.

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it : )

Edited by bxgurl (16/01/2002 18:33)

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony