Tony,

I'm at a disadvantage in that I can't actually run the 2.0 code through its paces, but if there are still gaps between the songs (no matter who's fault they are) then gapless playback is still an issue. No offense intended. I guess I'm struggling with your comment in one line "no gaps whatsoever" followed by your slight retraction in the next "any remaining gaps..." Can you just clarify that from a listeners point of view, as opposed to an engineers... are there gaps or not?

I'm familiar with the kind of gaps between songs that are present because of limitations in the mp3 encoders, decoders,
specification, what have you. They suck. That's why I asked if there were any fans of the genre at Empeg. For those that don't listen to this type of music, they may appreciate the significance (or care).

What i'm concerned about is that when an effort is undertaken to truly remove all audible interruptions between 2 songs that are meant to stream fluidly from one to another--that a crude crossfading (slam one song approximately into the beginning of the other, perhaps even overlapping them to a degree) approach isn't favored over one that actually attempts to link the beginning of the first bit of data from the next song onto the last bit of data (silences, zeros and other mp3 padding removed) from the previous song. Or perhaps that the system would be able to be configured one way or the other.

Cheers and thanks for your attention here...

Dan