I don't try to locate tracks on my CD changers. 99% of the time I just let them play through each track of each CD, looping around the set of 12 CDs for weeks on end until my wife suggests that maybe it's time to change the CDs. Every now and then I might skip over a track or album that I'm not in the mood for, or less often over an album that my wife doesn't like if she's in the car with me. I don't particularly care about being able to choose which track to listen to next as I only uploaded the stuff that I like to listen to in the car. As an example (and as I mentioned in another thread) we just got back from a 1300ish mile week long driving holiday and were both very impressed with the Empeg as it gave us high quality non repeating non intervention music all week. Well almost non intervention, we did skip over one album as it was a bit too loud for the beautiful scenery we were driving through at the time, and that one album skip which would have taken one button press on even a very basic CD changer took about a dozen presses on the Empeg with a pause between each one to see whether we'd moved onto the next album yet.

I don't have any problem with the extra bells and whistles as I think the product will do very well if it can do things that CD changers can't. However, I think that most consumers (rather than gadget lovers) will treat the Empeg as a large CD changer. It would be nice to have the basics, as I see CD changer like functions, higher up the priority list than what I consider to be frills. Having said that, I appreciate that the software is still very young and as long as the "basic" features are there before you call it version 1 then I'll be happy.

Cheers,

Mark.