Thanks Hugo,

I have read the Faq and understand some of the differences, however the question I am about to ask is probably only answerable by yourself who I understang created the origional concept "absolute respect!" of something so fantastcally origional in and practical It is a great shame to see it mis managed by SB. Onway I dont know why they EOL it so on with the question. I currently Use a Pioneer DEH p945R headunit digital 3way xover Time alignment built in etc and with the help of the service manual and the nice Crystal semiconductors I have modified it to accept a reclocked SPdif input, however allthough I understand the procedure to add spdif output from the MK2a player is available Is it possible to do the same to a mark 1 ?
In other respects the MK1 ( if the develompment kernals are still being updated as new features get developed) may be more suitable for my needs due to its intended recipient in a 94 NSX where I will use the origional stereos buttons to control the 4 buttons on the Empeg and It also has a FM tuner currently my tuner is on annoying US fm stepping.
How do you think the mk1 rates for wav audio ? can it be upgraded with 2 of the large 2.5" drives ? Unfortunately I missed the recent sale hear in the UK and SB won't ship interanationally. My other option is the Phatbox but youll probably curse me for mentioning it, I dont think its as customisable but CD changer emulation is nice !
Cheers
Max Griffiths