With no database information to sort through for the soup playback, doing it by drag-order still makes little or no sense. Can I assume that this would be FID order? If so then you could sort that way in emplode to see what's going on, but normally you would get a view sorted by some other criteria.

Also, when dragging from explorer, chances are the files will be alphabetical, right? But you also probably know that when you drag a large selection from explorer they don't necessarily come to the host application in the same order (depending on how you selected and where you click when dragging).

Plus if you're doing the drags in multiple steps you'll probably want to do some type of post-ordering on the empeg anyway (at least in playlists). For soup views you'll truly be left with soup. The worst-tasting alphabet soup you've ever had. Everything will be a crazy jumble.

The most logical order to play things in soup views when you don't have additional db criteria is alphabetical. The same way the soup views themselves would be likely to be sorted/displayed.

The best way to number tracks in emplode is with something that Roger has mentioned a coupe of times before: Scripting support. Being able to select a large range of files in one of the emplode views and simply define a short command to apply to them. I'd hope some simple script commands would already be in emplode. Not to mention the ability to trade them here on the BBS.

BTW, if you don't have track numbers in your MP3s then I suggest you start tagging at rip-time and make sure that's one of the included fields. When making playlists it's much easier to manipulate the tracks when you have more data to work with.

Bruno