As I have really only a hazy idea of how these nested, hierarchical playlists work (remember, all my empeg knowledge is vicarious through this bbs) I don't know if this makes any difference or not.... but give some consideration to how differently you'll be able to manage your playlists on the Mark II with voice activation.

If I can say "Mozart. Shuffle" and immediately get a random playing of all of my Mozart, or maybe "Beethoven. Concerto. Piano" and have all my Beethoven piano concertos play in sequence.... then I don't think I'll be too concerned about most of the points and subtleties you raise here. See the thread "Mark II Voice Capabilities" and Rob's reply (shown below) and you'll understand why I am excited about this. Rob said:

The operation you detailed is indeed the kind of thing we hope to achieve with the empeg voice recognition system. It will be possible to
train the system to recognise proper nouns (essential for selecting music!) using Windows/Linux/Mac software, which will probably become
integrated with emplode. It is likely that specific links between words and playlists/tracks/genre/artists/etc will be something that the user
decides upon.

Am I deluded in thinking that this will simplify my process of music selection?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"