Well, one-button shuffle is kind of useless at this time since it doesn't do anything useful until you select a new playlist.

In my opinion, one-button shuffle is far from useless, even with the current way the empeg works with playlists. As it is now, you have to hit at least 5-6 extra buttons (actually probably more, but I don't have my empeg here to get an exact count) to move over to "Shuffle", select it to turn it on/off, and then move back to playlists to select music. This is time that I'm looking down at my empeg to see what submenu I'm on, and not at the road. It would be *much* easier to be able to hit the numeric key "1" on the keypad while the music is playing, have a little message pop up that says "Shuffle Off", or "Shuffle On", and just resume playing music as if you had selected "Shuffle" from the submenus. That way, my work is cut down to 1 button press rather than 5+, thus I get to keep my eyes on the road. This is why I think this feature is not useless at all. Anything that keeps my eyes on the road rather than on my empeg is a definite improvement in the UI.

Now, with response to your other ideas about the way randomized playlists should work when the shuffle is turned off mid-playlist, I agree, some work needs to be done on it, but everyone is going to have a different way they think it should work.

Seems to me the most logical way would be as you described, with on deactivation of the shuffle, it search the playlist you last chose for the song that is currently playing, then play the songs after it as if you had selected that original playlist on non-shuffle and just skipped tracks until you reached where you are at now.

(O|||||O)