In reply to:

it basically works like this.. xm dosnt put any ads on but some fo the signals they use such as news, mtv, ect. have ads in them that are out of xm's control becuase someone elss is broadcasting them, the stricly xm station are all ad free around 30 - 40 of them.. all of the music ones are basically..

That's not really true. Yes, the stations that are rebroadcasts have commercials, but XM adds commercials to their own music channels as well. Not all channels have commercials, and the ones that do are limited by XM policy to 6 minutes per hour (as opposed to 18-24 minutes per hour on many broadcast stations).

It's been my experience that the "best" stations ("best" being defined as the ones that I listen to) happen to be the commercial free ones, so I don't have a problem with it. If it happened to be the other way around, I would probably be bothered and take a good look at Sirius instead. The Sirius policy is that their music stations are totally commercial free, while their talk and news stations are not. All this for $3 more per month than XM.

Of course this is all moot since I get XM for free (my wife works for them).