I've been out of town for a few days and I'm a little out of the Hijack loop (I had the "ancient" v161 on my player.) So it appears 2-drive Empegs can now use the HTTP server's playlist display thingie and play M3U playlists, etc. Well I tried things out and some playlists work, some don't. I haven't figured out why it is, at first I thought it was a limitation on the size of the playlists, but I couldn't confirm it. Then I thought it was just root playlists that weren't playing right, but some playlists below the root level aren't working either. When the playlists are working, I click "Play" and the IE "downloading" box quickly pops up and disappears, then WinAmp starts playing the playlist. On the ones that don't, no such "downloading" box appears, the throbber in the corner of the browser momentarily throbs, but then stops. There seems to be a lot of disk activity after the HTTP connection has ostensibly closed.

So any idea what's going on? Is something timing out? Is there a known limitation on playlist size that I haven't read about yet? I'm still trying to catch up with all the posts here and the info on the Hijack page, so maybe I'll discover something, but I wanted to know if anyone else had problems with certain playlists and M3U output.

Off to further explore the new Hijack features.