Even with AC, there is a tiny slice of silence between Pink Floyd tracks.

Hold on, there, Henno. Let me get this straight: Are you saying that AC cannot create gapless MP3s, or are you saying that even if you create gapless MP3s, the Empeg cannot play them gapless?

You see, you're confusing me with that statement. I already know that the Empeg won't play them gapless, that's why I started this whole thread in the first place. Hugo acknowledged this, and we moved on to the topic of how difficult it was to create gapless MP3's, which is a totally different issue. Your statement makes it sound like AC won't do what Dionysus said it would do.

So which is it? Will AC create gapless MP3's or not?

It also shows that Pink Floyd tracks are cut at a point shortly before what you and I would identify as the cut-over point: about a second of the last track is inclided in the intro of the next.

This is simply due to the nature of CD-Audio production. The cue points on a CD must fall on one-second time boundaries. So when they master a CD, they just place the mark as close to the real cut point as they can. Sometimes this can be off by as much as a second.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144