Good point. In that case, dont buy it at all. Don't buy a cd player either, it could be stolen. What about the whole car? That could be stolen too. Maybe you should just keep the car at home too and catch a ride with someone else.

That's what insurance is for ... to give you the peace of mind to take your expensive things out there into the world even though they might be ripped off.

As for expensive... The thieves did a bit more than US$1200.00 to my passenger side, Tony. When they levered and smashed the window they damaged the body that surrounds the frameless window on my MR2, tore the window outward which bent the passenger door such that the new window wouldn't seat properly, and placed a 6" diameter by 1/2" depth dent in the door panel, itself (probably someone's knee in the door).

The body shop had my car for 16 days to fix all of this. Thank god for insurance (which provided a rental car, too).

I strongly urge people not to keep things in the trunk. When my wife's car was hit (same night mine and others were), the threesome did enter trunks. (In fact, some of the best finger prints taken were taken off my wife's trunk lid; she doesn't wash her car, much.) The best guess the cops could offer was that the theives were looking for amps and cd-changers -- which are typically mounted in the trunk.

-- Bleys

"If you would judge, understand." -- Seneca