Well, when you compete in a sport that's judged instead of timed or measured, this is bound to happen. It's certainly not the first time it's happened in skating, especially in pairs skating. So much of a figure skating score is based on reputation rather than technical merit. This, however, is the first time that a technically BAD program has bested what was almost a flawless program from the Canadians, and was also, most would say, more artistically pleasing.

Yeah, I know. I just can't see it. I don't like these things. I really don't. The only reason I was watching the performances was because my wife wanted to see them. After watching the Canadian short program, I HAD to watch the long. I'm not a judge, don't really even know half of it, but I can tell when one pair does a better job. One of the bigger insults to me is they were bested on "Performance"... PERFORMING! The Russians got the gold because "They had the better program"... BUT they didn't actually DO that program. If it was based on the performance aspect alone, I'd feel 'eh' towards the results. As it is now, my German Shepard is hiding in the corner cowerring because I'm so upset. But they were given that score even though they didn't execute their 'vision'. That's my problem.

Hell, the Canadian couple actually performed! The Russians just acted out the motions.

But this sham of a pairs finals is perhaps the most glaring example ever of the inequity of this "sport." The only differences between amateur figure skating and professional boxing are tighter outfits and Don King.

That's exactly why I hate these type. It's not a sport if it requires interpretation. Did you pass the line before him? Yes, no. Did you kick a goal? yes, no. Did they have the "zest"? Well, it depends. ARGH!

I commented that this was worthy of Don King when it happened.

You know, I can't remember the last time I was this upset over any sport. I'm in TN, and was disappointed when we lost the Superbowl. But I wasn't upset. I'm pissed right now. AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE FIGURE SKATING!!!!!!!!!!

My apologies for the rant. I'm really sorry. I'm just so incredibly disappointed in those scores. I can't even imagine how they feel. Knowing you won, but not gettting it. Winning, and then having it taken away because of politics. Neither couple had anything to be ashamed or sad about, but now, both are losers because of it.

Thanks for listening.