I just want to get my 2 pence worth in here ......

I was having remote 'lockups' on my 2-week old empeg, it was so repeatable I even started to document a simple process to repeat the failure - the failure was simply that the unit ignored the remote, everything else worked ok.

I knew it couldn't be the battery since the empeg was so new and a DVM (Digital Volt Meter) read 3.2v across the battery and after a few reboots the problem would go away. In the process of documenting this the repeatability vanished and it stopped working completely so I decided to 'learn' the Rio remote onto a Philips Pronto - no luck, the Pronto wasn't 'seeing' the Rio remote.

Tonight (after re-reading this thread) I changed the CR2025 and guess what? It works flawlessly!

While I'm here, I just want to to pass on an unrelated tip for handling coin cell batteries - Don't handle them with your bare hands! The residual sweat on your hands is slightly conductive and will set up a continual but gradual discharge of the cell across the +'ve and -'ve terminals. This is more critical in lower discharge rate situations like watches or calculators but it's a good practice anyhow.

Cheers,
Rue