But it appears to me that there is no such thing as the ``end-of-playlist state''. It's actually only paused at the beginning of the playlist and happens to have a message on-screen. I assume this based on the fact that if you power cycle the empeg at this point, it no longer has the ``end of playlist'' message, but is only paused at the beginning of the playlist, and the fact that you can see the track info (if you're in that mode) of the first track beneath the ``end of playlist'' message when it pops up.

Sven's suggestion makes enough sense, but I imagine that it would require a lot of work to get the player to support a new, separate state.

I see that there is some dissention as to what the appropriate thing to do in this case is. It may make sense to make it a config.ini tunable.

To reiterate my points once again, the only thing that should pause (or unpause) the player is the user pressing the pause or unpause/play button. The sole exception to this should be when the player hits an end-of-playlist state and repeat is off, and then only because that state is implemented as a pause (it should really be a stop, but the player doesn't have that feature). If I press ``next track'', it should go to the next track, regardless of whether there's an end-of-playlist marker between where I am and where I want to be. I didn't ask the player to go to the next track or end-of-playlist marker; I asked it to go to the next track. Period.

On a more concrete note, no one seems to have complained about the previous way this worked, including those of you who are saying it should stay the way it is now.