Eh... This poll is proof that statistics don't lie, statisticians do... You could put *ANY* feature in a poll that says "should they support this feature" and the results will be a resounding yes. I think the poll should make more of an effort to make it clear that incorporating OGG will take up development time that could be spent on other features.

I think OGG support would be nice, but would only be relevant if OGG becomes a more dominant format, or, more at it, if MP3 starts to decline due to royalty concerns or whatever. If you ask me, *so much* work has been done by so many people to milk the most quality out of the MP3 format that it will be difficult to make that kind of progress with OGG.

Furthermore, there is NO available implementation of OGG Vorbis which uses integer math, so this feature CAN NOT be implemented until that happens. A quick forum search confirms that this has been mentioned many times, including very recently.

I would answer "yes" to this question but if the question said "would you like to see OGG support and potentially have other future features compromised" I would say no. It'd be nice if the forum allowed you to have polls that ranked things from 1 to 10 so we could throw up a list of features and people could rank them in order. If OGG was one of these, I dare say it would be in sixth or seventh place, behind things like cross-fading, voice recognition, a plugin-style visuals API, customizable info modes, etc.

A side note to tfabris: In checking to see if Ogg was mentioned in the FAQ, I noticed that the relevant FAQ entry has an out-of-date disclaimer stating that WMA has not been incorporated into the software yet. I know 2.0 final will be the first official WMA release, but it seems incorrect to say that it's "temporarily disabled."