Yes, you have very high quality amps. It could be your amps, or it could be your signal cable. I have a 1995 BMW M3 and had noise until I switched my amps from Phoenix Gold to Xtant. I also changed my signal cable to Monster Cable XLN-Pro, the best on the market.

First, you can't just unplug the RCA at the amp to see if the amp is the culprit. You have to then plug in muting plugs to the amp (shorted out RCA's). If you still hear noise at the amp, your amp is bringing in noise. If you don't hear noise, plug in the same muting plugs to the RCA's (with adaptors) in front. If you get noise there, your cables are introducing the noise. If not, you have to pull the Empeg out and run RCA's outside the car to the amp. If you are still getting noise, it's the power going to your Empeg that's giving you noise.

If the signal cables are bringing in noise, call David Navone (car audio god...see http://www.davidnavone.com for number) and beg and plead for a set of XLN Pro cables. I got mine for $50 and they list for about $250, so try him first. These are the BEST cables on the market and there is a petent pending on the "Delta Factor" technology. It basically keeps the signal wires a certain distance from anything it's routed by (chassis, other cables, etc.) to reduce noise.

The BMW's are particularly noisy because of the placement of the battery in the trunk.

I'm assuming you routed your signal wires down the middle?

Good luck!!!
Wes
'95 M3