One thing he forgot, if you send the empeg through the CD player you can also listen to your AM/FM radio in it without the empeg. Now that the Mark2 doesn't come standard with a tuner, that is an advantage.

Funny, I thought I said that already. I guess I just didn't get specific enough about the CD player also containing a radio. Just to be painfully clear for Oscar, what we're both trying to say is this:

- If you go CD->Empeg->Amps, then you must have the Empeg inserted in order to listen to anything--- whether it's CDs, the radio on the CD player, MP3's, the radio module on the Empeg (if you get one), whatever. The entire system will make no sound unless the Empeg is inserted, turned on, and the correct source is selected.

- If you go Empeg->CD->Amps, then you can at least listen to the CD player and its built-in radio whether the Empeg is inserted or not. (But you don't get the neat EQ for your whole system.) Oh, and if your CD player has a removable face, you'd need to have that plugged in and turned on in order to hear anything from the system (Empeg, CD, radio, whatever). So really, if you think about it, it kinda cuts both ways, doesn't it?

Oh, and I've thought of a couple of other important things since my original posting:

If you want to go Empeg->CD->Amps, then your CD player must have a set of selectable line-level auxilliary input jacks. This isn't necessarily something that all CD players have (although many do). Also, if you ever wanted to add a CD changer to the CD player, it might want to use those aux-in jacks, so consider that possibility.