I set up redhat 7.2 before I went on vacation to start learning linux and teach myself C in my spare time (this weekend I made it about halfway through the K&R) but I'm obviously not very competent yet. I had previously unplugged my multimedia drive to plug in the "old" 20 gb drive i use for red hat. I still use windows as my primary system so I had XP's os loader take care of the dual boot stuff by telling linux to install its boot info into a boot partition, and copying that over to my windows disk and adding a reference to that bin file I'd created in the windows loader.

But I just spent 45 mins moving drives around and installing a pci ide controller to fit my 5 drives and setting it up in windows. I screwed everything in (like an idiot) before testing linux. Obviously you can see where this is going, my bootsect.bin file points to where my drive used to be (hdb1) not where it is now (hda1). The cables don't reach where they used to. Do I have to put it back like it was to get into linux? Whether I do or not how do I change the boot sector info to point to the new place? (hda2). It's not an editable file, of course. This boot sector info was created for me in installation and I can't figure out how to do it myself. Thanks,

John