After having the Empeg installed for a week or so, I realized that my dash dimmer control on my turn signal was not working. The dash lights would stay at a constant brightness, and one of the bulbs that light up the temprature/AC controls was flaking out on me.

I took my dash apart again, and traced the problem down to the ground that I used. As noted above, I had found a plug in the dash that seemed to have a ground and the headlight sense wires connected to it. I used that for my ground because I did not want to splice into my radio harness any more than nessecary. This was causing my problem with the dash dimmer.

I spliced the ground for the Empeg into the radio harness' ground, (with a 1/4" plug) and that solved my problem. Now all I am waiting for is for my new bulbs for the AC controls to come in from the dealership. They had been burnt out (I think) by my incorrect grounding of the Empeg.

Note that this setup worked wonderfully except for the bulbs burning out (slowly) and the dash dimmer not working correctly. Just a note for any Subaru owners who may be following my install.