Wow. For some reason, the BBS hiccup'd and made this post "all new" to me. And I posted it. Strange.

Anyways, as a review: 6 months later, my 20Gb is 80% full, I can telnet, FTP, HTTP to the player. I have a custom (Darkstorm) lens for it, and Clear/Lighted buttons on the way (supposedly. But I'm in no rush.) It has yet to be installed in a car, which is a good thing because my truck got totaled (and it would have been too, had it been in the vehicle), and I now have a Mini Cooper. I use it at work non-stop (has it's own power supply, connection to PC / work LAN) and now in my Mini non-stop. (Awaiting parts from the UK to get it installed into the car.) I'm even 'borrowing' work time to look into making an OBD interface (hey, it has serial!) and displaying info on screen.

I'm leaving tomorrow (.."on a jet plane"..) on a 6000-mile trek across the US. From Atlanta, GA to Eugene, OR. Taking as few Interstate Highways as possible. I have no doubt that the Empeg will last the entire trip, and again, I'll never have to listen to the same song twice. (Unless I want to, mind you.)

I still love this thing.

Me.
(Sorry for rambling, looking forward to trip.)