I am fairly new to this (got my 30 gig in the last batch in Jan) and everything has been going great up until Friday. When I turned my car on Friday afternoon (Springbreak), The Rio/Empeg booted up perfectly and started playing, but no sound came out. I messed with the volume and what not, and still nothing. I then pulled out the player, put it back in and it booted up again and the sound was working properly just like new. I then drove around a bit, parked my car, left for a while (more than the standby length), turned the car back on and the Empeg booted perfectly again except without the sound like before. Knowing the solution, I pulled it out, popped it back in, and sound was fixed. Now I thought this was a fluke so I waited a day, and the same problem occured almost everytime I got back in my car (I don't usually remove the player). I then thought it might be a software bug so I reloaded 2.00B11 without hijack (I was running 2.00B11 HJ .246 before). This appeared to fix the problem and all was happy, until a few starts later when the problem came back. I am currently dealing with the problem by just popping it out everytime but I am hoping there is a quick fix. I really don't want to go back to 1.03 or mail it all the way back to the UK (I am in Cali and couldn't live without it). One other thing is that once and only once yesterday when I started the car it tried to play but there was a loud shrill sound I could here over the music. Popping out and in the player fixed this problem as well. Thank in advance for any help.