When using Jemplode to download files off of the player, you get to spec the file name in the "options" box.

The file name you spec there must include the extension, so for instance, my options box says "{artist} - {source} ({year}) - {pos:2} - {title}.mp3" for the file name. If you don't put the ".mp3" in there, then the downloaded file has no file extension.

But then if you download a .WAV file off of the player, it still has the .MP3 extension. Not ideal. I realize that file extensions are a Windows-centrism and don't have any meaning on other platforms...

Right now, putting ".{codec}" into the options box seems to work for MP3 and WMA, just because the names of the codecs happen to be the same as the file extension. But the codec name for wave files is WAVE instead of WAV, which isn't associated with anything on most systems.

I see two ways to go about fixing this:

1) Simply change the internal name of the wave codec so that it displays as "WAV" instead of "WAVE" as long as it doesn't break anything else. This will make the "{codec}" field work for naming file extensions in the options box.

2) Create a new field for "{fileext}" or something.