I realize that basically one needs a Masters to make the big bucks,

I want you to print out this reply to your post, put it in a time capsule, and open it in 20 years. Don't even bother reading it now, because you will not believe me and no amount of persuasion on my part will convince you that I am right.

OK, here it is: Making the big bucks, as you put it, should be near the bottom of your priority list. The most important thing, really the only thing that matters is, do you enjoy your work?

By my standards, I am incredibly successful even though I don't earn much money, because I enjoy my job so much. I wouldn't trade my job for work that paid five times the salary if it was not something I enjoyed.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking a career is about money. A career is about what you do with your life and how you live it. Money is only a way of keeping score -- and after all, who are you competing against that keeping score is necessary?

The title on the top of your diploma means very little in the general job market. Mostly, employers want to know that you are/were smart enough and committed enough to see your way through a college education. That shows you have a good work ethic and will be an asset to your potential employer.

20 Years from now when you open your time capsule and read this, you will realize the wisdom of what I am saying. I imagine that most people under the age of 25 will disagree with me; and that most people over the age of 40 will agree. (Bonzi, Laura, Schofiel, Henno -- what say you? Yz -- don't even think about it!)

tanstaafl.