I'm downloading the 4.5g update to see if that fixes it.

Grrr. Nope, didn't help.

These files are multiple tracks: each a 44.1khz 24-bit mono file, each one representing an independent mixer channel. They are direct-to-hard-disk recordings of a concert some friends and I performed a few months ago. The person who did sound for us records everything that way and saves it off for future use. He sent me a burned CD of these tracks so that I could mix them down myself. I'd hate to have to trouble him to dither them down to 16-bit for me, since he was going out of his way to burn the CDs and mail them to me at all, and I assured him that my software could handle 24-bit files. But even the latest version of SoundForge says "the specified file contains an unsupported bits per sample size".

I think that the files may have been recorded with a recent version of Cakewalk, because of the presence of a ".wrk" file in the folder with the wave files. You guys wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?

I've got more options to explore before I give up, though. I have a friend who works for EMagic, and he's got a boatload of tools and will definitely be able to help me. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to take up any of his time with this project.