Hi folks. I've been working on a little something I want to contribute to the empeg community. Find the file attached to this message.

From the readme:

I recocognized a barrier to implementing userland apps on the empeg/riocar as being the lack of custom graphics libraries. I personally would like to see a lot more development, and sought to help myself and others overcome the initial barrier by writing my own set of graphics routines.

I see a lot of potential for this library in combination with hijack (thanks to mlord) and the efforts of others for a wealth of cool userland apps on the empeg! Now if only someone would automate the installation process of apps then we would really be getting somewhere...

Features:

* Ability to draw points, lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons, text and bitmaps.

* Includes 3 built in fonts to get you started in getting text onto the display.

* Drawing operations fully clipped to a user definable rectangle. Those of you hungry for more speed can bypass the clipping overhead when careful to ensure drawing operations will not leak outside the display area.

* Written in C with the empeg in mind, meaning fast, compact, optimized integer routines.

* Think you can do better? Please do! The code is open source - help to make it better and share the results with the rest of us.

end of snippet

I may release a small demo showing what my libraries can do, I just want to sort out a few issues first.

Please give me feedback. I want to improve the libraries in any way that will make them more useful to developers.

Happy coding!

Richard
--

Attachments
94737-vfdlib_v1.zip (61 downloads)