I love the new "tweak order" functions in beta 11, and I love the ability to shuffle and unshuffle on-the-fly. I don't love the fact that it sometimes pauses the playback of the current song to get those jobs done. I know we were warned that it would happen on long playlists, but this is a wish list, right?

Example: Yesterday I took a long drive with my family. I was shuffling the contents of the whole player. I had the "now and next" screen up and I was using the new "swap next" key to make sure that nothing wife-disturbing came up. Once, during a James Taylor song, I looked down and noticed that a Nine Inch Nails tune was next on the list. Obviously that wouldn't please mommy, so I hit the "8" key to swap in another song. The James Taylor song hiccuped while it did that. My wife said "why did you do that?", and then got mad at me when I tried to explain the technical details.

Anyway, is there a way to multithread those functions a bit more aggressively so that they don't interrupt the playback of the current song?